The attorneys of Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP understand the stakes are high and delivering results is imperative when government investigators turn their focus to matters impacting you and your business. Having wise legal counsel experienced in the way government agencies, and prosecutors conduct investigations and build cases is crucial to effectively navigating these sometimes existential risks to your business and reputation. Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP’s White Collar Defense & Government Investigations Practice is led by attorneys who combine the expertise gained as former state and federal prosecutors who led complex long-term and multi-jurisdictional investigations with attorneys with decades of experience successfully representing companies and individuals in various government investigations and actions ranging from internal agency and DCAA audits to inspector general actions to investigations and enforcement actions under the False Claims Act (FCA) and other laws and regulations with civil and criminal penalties.
GOVERNMENT CONTRACT INVESTIGATIONS
While selling goods and services to the federal government can be very lucrative, business in this area is highly regulated and subject to a combination of commercial and federal rules and regulations that can vary significantly based on the goods or services sold and the customer agency. The attorneys of Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP have substantial experience helping government contractors navigate these sometimes turbulent waters. Examples include:
- Representing government contractors in responding to Defense Contract Audit Administration (DCAA), Department of Justice (DoJ), agency inspector general (IG), and other government investigations;
- Representing numerous government contractors in “qui tam” or whistleblower actions and in direct actions brought by the government under the FCA;
- Representing government contractors responding to cure notices issued by the contracting agency;
- Representing government contractors in litigation concerning teaming agreements and joint ventures; and
- Representing companies and individuals responding to grand jury, investigative, and agency subpoenas and other formal and informal investigative actions, including debarment proceedings.
WHITE COLLAR DEFENSE & INVESTIGATIONS
In additional to government contracting matters, we provide representation to companies, boards, and individuals in need of counsel related to:
- Congressional investigations;
- Grand jury subpoenas;
- Administrative subpoenas and investigations;
- Criminal investigations;
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA);
- Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA);
- Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA);
- Securities, Mail and Wire Fraud;
- False Statements (18 U.S.C. § 1001);
- Conspiracy (18 U.S.C. § 371);
- OFAC/Sanctions violations;
- Regulatory investigations;
- Violations of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual and other matters relating to violations of the National Industrial Security Program; and
- Internal investigations & compliance.
The attorneys of Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP approach these matters with an eye towards discretion, initially seeking to limit, narrow, or avoid enforcement actions or indictments altogether whenever possible. Where litigation is inevitable, however, we bring first-chair felony jury trial experience to the table and zealously represent our clients to protect their rights to the greatest extent possible. Several Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP attorneys hold clearances and thus are able to represent clients in matters involving sensitive information.
For more information, please contact David Tayman at (202) 695-8147 or [email protected]; Katie Chaverri at (202) 695-8146 or [email protected]; or Christopher Chaisson at (202) 921-4080 or [email protected].