Disputes and distress inevitably arise during the lifetime of an enterprise or venture and businesses need the most economical and sensible solutions to these problems. At Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP, our first approach to a distressed situation is always a practical one. Our attorneys are well known and highly regarded in the restructuring world not only as being effective and aggressive bankruptcy litigators, but also as advocates for sensible solutions where consensus makes the most business sense.
Our goal is to be your first source of support when financial, operational, or other distress arises. Our “lean and mean” practice model allow us to take the time to understand the mechanics of your business so that when distress rears its ugly head, we can quickly analyze the situation and formulate an effective strategy. In addition, our attorneys have years of experience in recognizing potential pitfalls and in counseling our clients to insulate themselves against financial and legal uncertainties that are otherwise beyond their control.
Our attorneys work on a wide range of bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and insolvency matters and represent companies large and small. By working alongside our clients to develop and implement innovative and creative business and legal strategies to address and overcome distress; Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP helps preserve corporate value for our clients and their stakeholders.
Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP’s attorneys have counseled clients through many of the largest and most complex insolvency and restructuring cases, as well as smaller, regional matters, including: In re: Madoff Investment Securities, In re: Tribune Co., In re Bering Point, Inc., In re: Gold & Appel Transfer, S.A., In re Fortunoff, In re: The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company, In re: Borders Group, Inc., In re: Circuit City, In re: Dietze Construction Group, Inc., In re: The Walking Company, In re: Building Materials Holding Co., In re: Contessa Fine Foods, In re: MCSI, Inc., In re: Photo Effects, In re: The Driggs Corporation, In re: Dunn Industries, LLC, In re: Federal Mogul Global, Inc., In re: Sunterra, Inc., In re: Railworks Corporation, and In re: RoomStore, Inc.
Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP’s creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, and insolvency experience also spans beyond bankruptcy into state, federal, and international venues, and extends to matters such as receiverships, assignments for the benefit of creditors, and mandatory and non-mandatory mediation. Our team’s regional, national and cross-border experiences distinguish Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP from other creditors’ rights and restructuring firms. We pride ourselves on our hard work and results, which have allowed us to earn a reputation among our clients and peers for integrity, high quality, and favorable outcomes for our clients.
Tayman Lane Chaverri LLP focuses its bankruptcy, creditors’ rights, and insolvency practice on:
- Representing companies, creditors, and interested parties in negotiations, business restructurings, reorganizations, and workouts;
- Representing buyers, sellers, commercial landlords, and other interested parties in real estate related restructuring matters;
- Representing banks and other commercial lenders in collecting and realizing value from distressed loans and credit situations;
- Representing mezzanine funds, private equity investors, and other financial sponsors with respect to distressed portfolio investments and investment in or acquisition of distressed assets;
- Representing acquirers and sellers of distressed government contracts;
- Representing debtors and creditors in commercial and residential construction and development reorganizations;
- Representing acquirers and sellers of distressed investments;
- Representing trustees, receivers, and other fiduciaries;
- UCC sales and deeds in lieu of foreclosure; and
- Representing creditors (i.e., vendors, landlords, trade) and creditors’ committees.