Mr. An focuses his practice on litigation, regulatory and transactional law. Mr. An is an experienced litigator who has handled all facets of a case including pleadings practice, discovery, mediation, pretrial, trial, and appeals. Prior to working with Tayman Lane Chaverri, Mr. An worked at a boutique litigation firm in Bethesda, Maryland, and, prior to that, was in-house counsel for a government contractor.
Since joining Tayman Lane Chaverri, Mr. An focuses his practice on commercial litigation, commercial and residential real estate and business transations.
Mr. An has
- Guided clients through the regulatory framework and nuances associated with FAR, DFARS, ITAR, EAR, NISP, FERPA, Dodd-Frank, BSA/AML, LIHTC and HUD, as well as the numerous securities and corporate governance regulations.
- Conducted investigations into financial transactions associated with foreign entities in connection with anti-money laundering initiatives.
- Conducted due diligence and audit reviews of asset-backed securities, and collaborated with trustees to recover funds for investors.
- Represented large and mid-sized corporations before the District of Columbia Superior Court, Court of Appeals, and Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Successfully defended a client against a $1,000,000.00 civil suit and appeal filed under the pretense of civil rights violations.
- Prevailed at the summary judgment stage in numerous cases involving criminal activity and HUD regulations.
- Negotiated deals with financial services companies, publicly trading and closely held entities, government agencies, special interest groups, and foreign organizations.
Mr. An contributed to “Sue and Settle: Regulating Behind Closed Doors,” U.S. Chamber of Commerce, May 2013.
Mr. An began his career working on securities litigation and auditing matters with a consulting group, and as in-house counsel for a government contractor. From there, Mr. An entered private practice where he handled countless cases involving real property, regulatory and administrative matters before the District of Columbia Superior Court and the Office of Administrative Hearings.
Mr. An is a member of the bars of New York and the District of Columbia, and the U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia and Maryland.
Mr. An earned his Juris Doctor from George Washington University Law School (2014), Master of Management Studies from Duke University Fuqua School of Business (2011), and Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, in Political Science from George Washington University (2010).