Jason Wallach is an experienced litigator and transactional attorney with extensive experience litigating complex commercial cases and drafting and negotiating contracts and corporate formation and governance documents. His passion for fact development makes him an invaluable team member on cases in diverse areas of the law as well as internal corporate investigations. He uses his in-depth understanding of electronic discovery requirements, automated litigation support systems, and the creation, review, and analysis of document and claim information databases to improve efficiency and productivity in the fact development process.
Mr. Wallach also is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and uses his project management and litigation knowledge and experience to identify efficient ways to achieve his clients’ desired outcomes. He seeks to maximize the value of the legal services he provides by improving attorney-client communications, eliminating redundancies and inefficiencies, and developing solutions to complex client problems using modern technologies and methodologies.
MR. WALLACH HAS
- Represented companies of all sizes and across various industries in litigation and disputes in the areas of insurance coverage, the False Claims Act, government contracts, antitrust, and commercial contract disputes;
- Defended a Fortune Global 500 company in a False Claims Act case involving alleged violations of the Anti-Kickback Act on over 20 U.S. government contracts, and successfully resolved the case for a less than 10% of the asserted damages;
- Defended the national government of a key U.S. ally in a government contracts dispute with the world’s third-largest defense contractor related to the U.S. Foreign Military Sales program;
- Defended Fortune 500 U.S. pharmaceutical companies in multi-state False Claims Act cases concerning drug pricing and drug efficacy. Through detailed fact analyses, Mr. Wallach successfully resolved multiple claims brought by various state governments against one client and developed arguments that resulted in the dismissal with prejudice of the claims against a separate client with a finding of no liability;
- Represented a Fortune 500 U.S. auto parts manufacturer, a Fortune 500 telecommunications company, a Fortune 400 U.S. government-sponsored enterprise, and multiple historic U.S.-based manufacturing companies in insurance coverage litigation that resulted in the recovery of hundreds of millions of dollars from insurance companies;
- Represented, on a pro bono basis, District of Columbia prisoners in an Ex Post Facto The decision in Mr. Wallach’s case forced the U.S. Parole Commission to conduct new parole hearings, using the correct parole guidelines, for 500+ D.C. prisoners;
- Oversaw case management and fact development for a U.S. government contractor on multiple False Claims Act cases regarding the contractor’s global services supporting the U.S. military;
- Represented a former leading software company in an antitrust trial against a Fortune 500 company; and
- Drafted and negotiated various contracts for biofuel, alternative energy projects (e.g., EPC, O&M, and offtake agreements), non-disclosure agreements, executive employment agreements, and professional services agreements.