Mr. Chaisson is an experienced attorney focused on white collar criminal defense, government investigations, and commercial litigation as well as transactional work and general legal counsel to high-growth start-ups. He has a diverse background in criminal law, national security, and the private sector. Mr. Chaisson has first-chair trial experience as a former organized crime prosecutor and brings over a decade of experience working in intelligence and national security as an Operations Officer for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). Mr. Chaisson has also served as a senior business executive in two DC-area start-ups.
Mr. Chaisson has
- Tried multiple felony jury trials to verdict as first chair as well as multiple other bench trials;
- Conducted and won a myriad of hearings;
- Obtained countless indictments through grand jury presentations;
- Served as part of the team of prosecutors who successfully investigated, took down and ultimately obtained a conviction against the acting head of the Bonanno crime family;
- Led and participated in long-term government investigations and electronic surveillance of investigative targets and subjects;
- Drafted and negotiated contracts in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) technology licensing and professional services arenas, including Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Statements of Work (SOWs);
- Drafted and negotiated the terms of deal documents for the acquisition of a video game company;
- Obtained a seven-figure judgment on behalf of a national bank in complex, multi-state creditor’s rights litigation; and
- Worked on sanctions issues falling under the purview of the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
Additional Professional Background
Prior to and immediately following the 9/11 attacks, Mr. Chaisson served as a state and federal prosecutor in New York City. During that time, he was part of the elite Rackets Bureau in the Investigations Division of the Office of the Bronx District Attorney. As part of his work as a prosecutor, he was appointed as a Special Assistant United States Attorney (SAUSA) for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York.
Following the 9/11 attacks, he turned his attention to threats abroad, spending over a decade as a CIA Operations Officer recruiting foreign assets and collecting foreign intelligence on pressing national security matters. The intelligence he personally collected was routinely included in the Presidential Daily Brief (PDB). This included a substantial contribution to the body of intelligence in the lead up to the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).
Mr. Chaisson brings a rare blend of courtroom expertise, transactional negotiation skills, international experience, and business acumen to bear in service of his clients.
The George Washington University Law School (J.D.)
St. John’s University (B.A.)
Bar and Court Admissions
District of Columbia
U.S. District Courts for the District of Columbia, Maryland, Southern District of New York, and Eastern District of New York
U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
The Sunset of Scanwell Jurisdiction and the Award of Attorney’s Fees to Disappointed Offerors
Public Contracts Law Journal, Volume 30, Issue 1, Fall 2000
Persian/Farsi (Professional Proficiency)